Town Council – 15th July 2019
To: All Members of Winsford Town Council
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND THIS MEETING
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Winsford Town Council to be held in the Winsford Town Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, Wyvern House, The Drumber, Winsford CW7 1AH on Monday 15th July 2019 immediately following the meeting of the Finance Committee but not before 6.45pm.
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
- PRAYERS, at the discretion of the Town Mayor
Members must provide apologies to the Town Clerk before 5.00pm on the day of the meeting, together with reasons for their absence.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members to declare any interest under the following categories:
- Disclosable Pecuniary Interest
- Outside Bodies Interest
- Family, Friend or Close Associate Interest
- OPEN FORUM
An open forum will be held when Members of the public will be invited to speak for a maximum total duration of 15 minutes on items included in the Part A agenda, copies of which will be available at the meeting.
- MAYOR’S REMARKS AND COMMUNICATIONS
A list of Civic engagements since the last meeting is attached (‘A’)
To sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Town Council held on 17th June 2019 (‘B’)
To discuss any points arising from the above minutes (for report, not for resolution).
- FINANCE COMMITTEE
To ratify minutes of the Finance Committee held on 17th June 2019 (‘C’) (approved by the Finance Committee at its meeting held earlier).
- PLANNING COMMITTEE
The minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 25th June 2019 (‘D’) are attached for ratification.
- SALT FAIR COMMITTEE
The minutes of the Salt Fair Committee meeting held on 19th June 2019 (‘E’) are attached for ratification.
- ALLOTMENTS COMMITTEE
The minutes of the Allotments Committee meeting held on 25th June 2019 (‘F’) are attached for ratification.
- APPLICATION FOR STOPPING UP AND DIVERSION OF HIGHWAYS UNDER SECTION 116 AND 112 OF THE HIGHWAYS ACT 1980
The Town Council’s consent is required to the above application. A receipted Complaint and Plan was filed with Chester Magistrates’ Court on 29th April 2019 (‘G’). The route is between Mill Land and School Road in Winsford.
Members are asked to consider the attached document and agree (or otherwise) the Town Council’s consent.
- PUBLIC SPACE PROTECTION ORDERS – DOG CONTROL
Cheshire West and Chester Council (CWAC) has recently started a six-week public consultation on proposals relating to changes to the Dog Warden Service across the council’s area. The consultation is open until 11th August 2019.
CWAC is proposing to make the following changes: –
- To change the days and times that the dog warden is on duty, including extending the service to include Saturdays and Sundays, and change the times so that they better reflect demand;
- To introduce free training courses on responsible dog ownership, legal requirements, dog welfare and basic dog training; and
- In order to ensure a fairer and more consistent approach to charging, and to keep other charges (e.g. kennel charges) as low as possible, it is proposed to introduce a charge to the owner of £40, if the dog warden is called out to deal with a stray dog, even if it is possible to reunite the dog with its owner without taking the dog to kennels. In these circumstances, it is also proposed to offer a part-refund (for example, of 50%) if the owner attends one of the training courses offered
Further information and the online survey can be found on our website –http://inside.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/get_involved/consultations/dog_warden_and_kennelling_service_consultation
Members are asked to provide comments on the proposals being put forward by CWAC
- LAND OFF DARNHALL SCHOOL LANE WINSFORD
Views are sought on the Land off Darnhall School Lane in Winsford appeal which is currently being considered by the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government. Any such views can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Secretary of State is considering the report of the inspector who held a public local inquiry between 27-30 November 2018 into the appeal. The Secretary of State takes the view that the Cheshire West and Chester Local Plan (Part Two) Inspector’s Report and Schedule of Main Modifications published on 24th June 2019 includes new information which may be material to the appeal. The documents can be found at http://consult.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/portal/cwc_ldf/cw_lp_part_two/sub/. Any representations need to be submitted by 18th July 2019.
Members are asked to consider these developments and make representations
- COUNCIL MEETINGS
Members have requested that the following issues are considered by the Council: –
- Members standing at meetings when addressing the meeting;
- The venue(s) for future Town Council meetings
- Vacancies on Town Council committees (nominations will be put to the meeting to fill current vacancies on committees);
- To fix a date for the Members’ Technology Working Group
- To consider the establishment of a Parks and Open Spaces Committee
Members are asked to decide on the following: –
- Whether existing Standing Orders should be changed/suspended regarding standing at Town Council meetings when addressing the meeting;
- The venue(s) for future Town Council meetings;
- To nominate Members to fill any vacancies on Town Council committees;
- To agree a date for the Members’ Technology Working Group to meet; and
- To agree that the Town Clerk prepares a report for the September Full Council meeting on the establishment by the Council of a Parks and Open Spaces Committee. Such report will include draft terms of reference; suggested composition, description of assets (to include the Town Park); budgets available; maintenance costs; existing contracts; staffing; and any relevant strategic document or policy
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
Due to their confidential nature, Members may decide to exclude the press and public from the meeting during consideration of the following matters in accordance with section 1 (2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960. Reports relating to these items have been withheld from public circulation and deposit.
- POLICY FOR DEALING WITH ABUSIVE, UNREASONABLY PERSISTENT OR VEXATIOUS MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
Members are asked to consider a case under the above Policy, a copy of which is attached for information.
The Clerk will brief Members verbally at the meeting.
- SALE OF LAND
Members are asked to consider a report from the Town Clerk on the above matter. (‘H’)
- USE OF CREST
Members are asked to consider a resolution prepared by Members of the Town Council (‘I’)
|Agenda 15.7.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:52pm||Download|
|Attachment ('A') - Mayors Appointments||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:53pm||Download|
|Attachment ('B') - Minutes 17.6.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:54pm||Download|
|Attachment ('C') - Finance Committee Minutes 17.6.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:55pm||Download|
|Attachment ('D') - Planning Committee Minutes 25.6.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:56pm||Download|
|Attachment ('E') - Salt Fair Minutes 19.6.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:57pm||Download|
|Attachment ('F') - Allotments Committee 25.6.19||Thu, 11th July 2019 1:58pm||Download|
|Attachment ('G') - Stopping Up Order||Thu, 11th July 2019 2:01pm||Download|
VenueWinsford Town Council Chamber
15th July 2019